Currently, the internship is closed.
Thank you for your interest in the program!
A Barkroom Internship might be the perfect outlet to share your artistic gift and help animals in need.
Interns would be trained on pet photography tips and tricks
by Jaime Rowe and her team. After application approval and a one hour training session
, interns will be sent to rescue events to take pictures of animals available for adoption at approved adoption events.
A Barkroom internship provides a FREE service to help save animals in need of a forever home.
- Kind, courteous students looking to make a difference in animal’s lives
- Available for photography students (of any age) with a digital single-lens reflex camera (SLR)
- Unpaid internship
- Requires traveling to adoption events on weekends
- Digital images must be sent to rescue coordinator or website coordinators within 48 hours of event
- Must be in the local Denver/Boulder area
- Minimum 6 month commitment
Rescues we are currently working with include:
Looking for class credit? E-mail us with your school name and school contact person and we will see if credits are available.
Contact us and tell us about your program:
#1 – Rescue Name
#2 – Location
#3 – Date/Time
We look forward to helping adoptable animals find their forever homes with the help of individuals who truly care for animal welfare and love sharing their artistic gift!
OUR AWESOME SPONSOR
How long does the internship last?
This not a formal internship. You will be e-mailed dates of rescue events. At those rescue events, you will be take photos of adoptable dogs. You will provide your images to the rescue coordinator in the hopes of helping the adoptable dogs find a forever home.
Is there any chance of pay or compensation during my internship?
Not at this time. This is a volunteer program only.
Is there a possible job position for an intern at the end of the program or do you help place interns into photography based jobs?
Not at this time.
What all does your internship cover, do you go over how to price photos/shoot, Photoshop, developing?
The internship includes one hour in-person workshop outlining the following:
- Tips & Tricks to photograph a rescue dog
- Resolution and image size suggestions for rescue images
- A t-shirt with our sponsor’s name
Pricing, Lightroom and Photoshop skills are not included in the internship at this time.
If interested in the pet photography rescue internship, then please contact us!